Student ‘Return to Education’ form to be completed following an extended absence can be found here more info »
General School News
At Stratford National School we have an 'Attitude of Gratitude'. In each of our classes we discussed all the things we feel grateful for in our lives and created this lovely display together. We selected things such as; family, friends, education, nature, being loved, pets, our homes and much more. Studies have shown that people who focus on gratitude in their lives are happier, more optimistic, more resilient, sleep better and feel better about themselves and the world in general.
Some simple ways to foster gratitide are:
- Say please and thank you
- Compliment others
- Tell someone you appreciate them and give a reason
- Write a thank you note to someone
- Thank someone who has helped you
- Talk about things you feel grateful for at the dinner table
- Talk about things you feel grateful for at bedtime
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Help a friend
- Look at nature; the sky, a leaf, an animal, the clouds, the rain, a flower...
- Write a gratitude list
- Go for a gratitude walk and notice all the beautiful things you see...
We wish to announce the appointment of Ms. Gemma O’Byrne as Deputy Principal of Stratford National School. Her appointment is with immediate effect and we wish Gemma all the best in her new position.
Stratford National School Parents' Association invites you to a Family Fun Day!
FOOD AND DRINKS FOR SALE
SECOND HAND SCHOOL UNIFORMS FOR SALE
BRING AND BUY KIDS BOOK SALE - Bring unwanted kids books and buy some new ones to take home!
SUNDAY 14TH OCTOBER, 1- 3 PM
Come and meet other Stratford parents while the kids have fun!
We are lucky enough to be taking part in Super Troopers this year. Stratford NS is hoping to achieve an Active Flag in our school and initiatives like Super Troopers help to get children more active everyday. We hope you all enjoy the simple activites and games at home!