Download Art Classes application form on the Extra Curricular Activities web page: more info »
Attitude of Gratitude
At Stratford National School we have an 'Attitude of Gratitude'. In each of our classes we discussed all the things we feel grateful for in our lives and created this lovely display together. We selected things such as; family, friends, education, nature, being loved, pets, our homes and much more. Studies have shown that people who focus on gratitude in their lives are happier, more optimistic, more resilient, sleep better and feel better about themselves and the world in general.
Some simple ways to foster gratitide are:
- Say please and thank you
- Compliment others
- Tell someone you appreciate them and give a reason
- Write a thank you note to someone
- Thank someone who has helped you
- Talk about things you feel grateful for at the dinner table
- Talk about things you feel grateful for at bedtime
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Help a friend
- Look at nature; the sky, a leaf, an animal, the clouds, the rain, a flower...
- Write a gratitude list
- Go for a gratitude walk and notice all the beautiful things you see...