I am very excited to welcome our new junior infants and their families to our school. I also want to welcome back my lovely senior infants. I’m looking forward to catching up with them all again.
In preparation for the new school year, I have uploaded some images of our classroom to help students become familiar with their new classroom. The desk layout may change a little depending on the needs of the students. Each student is assigned a locker and a seat. These will be clearly labelled with your child’s name. We keep our school bags in the lockers and our coats on the hooks outside the classroom.
Please take note of the school times as they are different for junior and senior infants for the first two weeks. Junior infants are on a shortened day to ease their tranisition into primary school.
On Tuesday 28th August, Junior infants will gather in the school hall with their parents or guardians and I will take you down to the class at 10am. I will be encouraging all parents to leave the classroom promptly. I understand this is an exciting and anxious time for all parents and guardians but I will take good care of your little ones.
All school information can be found in the school handbooks which you received over the summer (also available on this website.) However, I have answered some frequently asked questions below:
- We have two lunch breaks each day. Our eating breaks are quite short so please ensure you provide your child with healthy lunches you know your child will eat.
- 11.30am (small snack)
- 12.30pm (main eating break)
- After each break students spend some time out on yard. The first break is on the courts and the second break is on the field.
- PE takes place with Ms. Finnegan every Thursday morning. Please ensure your child is wearing appropriate footwear.
- Weekly homework will begin in October. It is should take no more than 5-10 minutes each evening.
- Toys are not permitted in the classroom.
Please check back here later in the week to see our plan/timetable for the first few days of the term.