In 1934 Zion National School was set up in Bloomfield Avenue, South
Circular Road, under the management of The Dublin Talmud Torah to
provide an education within a Jewish ethos, as outlined in the Irish
Constitution. The Dublin Talmud Torah is part of an international
Jewish educational movement which was originally set up to promote
Jewish religious education. As time went on the brief of The Dublin
Talmud Torah was broadened to include all areas of education.
In 1980 Zion School relocated onto the site of Stratford College,
Rathgar, where it incorporated the smaller Stratford Primary Preparatory.
On its re-location in 1980, the newly amalgamated Jewish Primary
School changed its name from Zion National School to the present
Stratford National School, or, as per its official Irish name, Scoil
Stratford National School is Ireland's only Jewish primary school
and provides a primary education within a Jewish ethos, as defined
by The Chief Rabbi of Ireland. However, we are very proud that our
enrolment consists of pupils from a wide range of religious and
cultural backgrounds and we cherish the valuable contribution all
our families make to the school.