No Hebrew Classes on Thurs, 29th Aug. Hebrew will commence on Fri, 30th Aug. at 8:40am.
Welcome Back! School re-opens Thurs, 29th Aug. 1st - 6th Classes: 9am - 2pm. Snr Inf: 9am - 12:30pm. Jr Inf: 10am - 12:30pm.
Places will be allocated on the following basis and in the following order. Within each category all applicants will be ordered according to the date of receipt of the application to Stratford National School.
- Jewish applicants.
- Brothers and sisters of families already in Stratford National School, together with children of teachers from Stratford National School.
- Children of past pupils of Stratford N.S., Stratford College and Zion Schools Bloomfield Avenue.
- Brothers and sisters of pupils already in Stratford College together with children of teachers from Stratford College. Applications from brothers and sisters of existing pupils of Stratford College will be considered first and then we will consider applications from brothers and sisters of pupils who have been offered places and have accepted them in Stratford College.
- Others, on a First Come First Served Basis.
All applicants must be made aware of the Ethos and Jewish Denomination of the School and be happy to accept this.
Jewish applicants must submit whatever documentation the Chief Rabbi's Office requires. Failure to comply will prevent the processing of the application.
- All applicants must be 4 years of age on/or before 30th April on year of enrolment.
- Applications will only be considered if presented on the Stratford National School Standard Application Form. E-mail copies will be accepted pending originals.
- Accompanying Application Forms must be a birth certificate, to be returned to the parent after inspection. E-mail copies will be accepted pending originals.
- If the application is for a pupil who has been in school elsewhere before, such an application must be accompanied by the most recent school report. Stratford National School reserves the right to contact the previous school or seek further information if we consider that we need to do so.
- In the January prior to the September of entry all applicants other than Jewish applicants or those from existing families in the school will be written to. The school will ask these applicants to let us know in writing if they are still seeking a place in our school. A period of two weeks will be given in which applicants should confirm that they wish their application to remain on file. At the end of the two week period our "outside" waiting list will be updated by removing the names of applicants that have not replied to our letter.
- Wherever possible, the School will seek to allocate places before the end of February prior to the September of intake. Applications at other times will only be considered if a place is available and in exceptional circumstances as determined by The Manager.
- In the case of applicants requiring special Teaching Support, it is essential to have their applications processed in good time so that the school can assess if we can meet their needs and arrange to put in place the necessary Teaching Support from The Dept.
- While recognising the right of parents to enrol their child in the school of their choice, Stratford National School must also respect the rights of the existing school community and in particular, the children already enrolled. This requires balanced judgements, which are guided by the principles of natural justice and acting in the best interest of all children. Management reserves the right to determine the maximum number of children in each separate classroom bearing in mind:
- a) size of class/available space in classrooms
- b) educational needs of children of a particular age
- c) our multi-grade classes
- d) presence of children with special educational, behavioural or Language needs