Download Art Classes application form on the Extra Curricular Activities web page: more info »
In 1934 Zion National School was set up in Bloomfield Avenue, South Circular Road, under the management of The Dublin Talmud Torah to provide an education within a Jewish ethos, as outlined in the Irish Constitution.
The Dublin Talmud Torah is part of an international Jewish educational movement which was originally set up to promote Jewish religious education. As time went on the brief of The Dublin Talmud Torah was broadened to include all areas of education.
In 1980 Zion School relocated onto the site of Stratford College, Rathgar, where it incorporated the smaller Stratford Primary Preparatory. On its re-location in 1980, the newly amalgamated Jewish Primary School changed its name from Zion National School to the present Stratford National School, or, as per its official Irish name, Scoil Náisiúnta Stratford.
Stratford National School is Ireland's only Jewish primary school and provides a primary education within a Jewish ethos, as defined by The Chief Rabbi of Ireland. However, we are very proud that our enrolment consists of pupils from a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds and we cherish the valuable contribution all our families make to the school.